What is H5P?
H5P is a plugin for existing publishing systems that enables the system to create interactive content like Interactive Videos, Presentations, Games, Quizzes and more!
H5P is also available for programmers and professional self-hosters as a plugin for certain publishing systems. The plugin has fewer features and no support included, but is fully customize-able for programmers and possible to host behind firewalls etc.
What is eCampusOntario H5P Studio?
eCampus Ontario H5P Studio (or eCampus Studio for short) is a free, open educational resource that allows its users to create and share interactive content and elements into various Learning Management Systems (LMSs). It offers both a creative studio that allows the user to create interactive components such as interactive presentations, accordions, drag-and-drop, and many others.
eCampus Studio also doubles as a library of resources created by other users from various education institutions so that resources are shared and easily embedded into MyCanvas or other LMS with iframe embed code.
How do I create my own content?
- You can start creating your own H5P content once you have created a free account in eCampus Studio. You can register for an account by visiting the eCampus Studio (link above) and click on “Register”.
How do I embed a H5P element into MyCanvas?
- At the bottom of a H5P element, click on the “Embed” button to generate an iframe embed code.
- On MyCanvas, go to the page that you would like to embed the element in, click on the “</>” icon to enter the html editor
- Paste the embed code to embed the element.
How do I reuse or expand on an existing H5P element that I like?
- First, consult the Creative Commons license to see what you can or cannot alter, then at the bottom of the H5P element, click on the “Reuse” button to download the file.
- Visit Creative Commons
Is there a limit on how much H5P content should I use?
- There is no limit on how many H5P content can be on a single page, however, it is recommended to have no more than 3 different type of interactive content to avoid clutter and confusion
What do I do if my content stopped working?
- If any H5P content suddenly stopped working, it may be due to a system outage on the eCampus Studio server. You can find out about their server status by visiting their twitter page for status updates during outage.
- Visit H5P Twitter page
Who can I reach out for support using H5P?
- Contact Digital Skills
- Contact an Instructional Designer