What is MyOpenMath?
MyOpenMath is a free open source platform for learning and assessment. It was originally designed for math content, and shines where mathematics are needed in the question text and/or the final answer, but can be used for any type of assessment.
How does MyOpenMath fit in my course?
MyOpenMath is designed for mathematics, providing delivery of homework, quizzes, and tests with rich mathematical content. Students can receive immediate feedback on algorithmically generated questions with numerical or algebraic expression answers. It can an be used to web-enhance an on-campus course, as part of hybrid course, or to run a fully online course.
MyOpenMath is designed for quiz, homework, LivePoll, and video cued assessments:
- Quizzes work in a similar way to Canvas Quizzes.
- Homework adds the ability for students to redo individual questions without restarting the entire assessment.
- Live Poll is a clicker-style display, requiring students to be in the assessment at the same time as the teacher. The teacher opens a question for students to answer, and results can be viewed live as they are submitted.
- Video Cued the questions pop up automatically at specified times while watching a video.
All assessment styles allow for automatic feedback based on students responses, LatePasses, penalties for re-tries, group assessments, rough work submissions and much more.
There is an extensive variety to the types of questions that can be constructed in MyOpenMath, with the main ones being:
Questions can be pulled from extensive databases of questions including Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Health Sciences. Alternatively questions can be modified and created easily.
- MyOpenMath video playlist
- MyOpenMath Training Course (Requires MyOpenMath account)
- An introduction to MyOpenMath
- MyOpenMath Team discussion group (Need to request access)
Last Update: April 19, 2023