What is Zoom?
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, and chat across mobile devices, desktops, telephones.
At Mohawk College, we leverage Zoom to support synchronous online learning, collaboration, virtual office hours, meetings, and tutoring.
Pro Meeting accounts are available to faculty and staff upon request, where a student focused need is provided. Session participants do not need a license to participate.
Zoom account requests for faculty should be discussed and approved by your Associate Dean / Program Manager, who will forward approval through their Operations Manager.
- Mohawk Zoom User Guide
- Teaching in Times of Disruption (COVID-19) (Word Doc)
- Introduction to Zoom (.pptx)
- Live Transcripts in Zoom (.docx)
- Security and Privacy Settings in Mohawk Zoom Accounts (.docx)
- Security and Privacy Settings in Mohawk Zoom Accounts (.pptx)
- Online Classes – How to Protect Learner Privacy (.docx)
- Tools for Engaging Learners in Meetings (.docx)
- Tools for Engaging Learners in Meetings (.pptx)
- Top 10 Tips for Using Zoom Meetings (.docx)
- Authentication Profiles for Meetings and Webinars
- Online Netiquette at Mohawk (.docx)
- Student Tips for Participating in Online Learning
- Centre for Teaching & Learning
- Getting Started Videos
Staff and Faculty Resources
- How Do I Invite Others To Join a Meeting?
- How do I test my video?
- My Video/Camera Isn’t Working
- What controls do I have as a meeting host?
- What controls do I have as a meeting attendee?
- How do I record a Zoom meeting?
- How do I find my meeting recording?
- How do I contact Zoom technical support?
- What are some online meeting best practices and resources?
Last Update: July 27, 2022